Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and get to meet some of you. I am new to the forum, but not new to motorcycling. I rode for many years before taking some time away to pursue other hobbies. Now I am back and after struggling for the past 4 years I am taking level one this September at New jersey. Boy can you develop bad habbits when you go away from something. I hope I can help some of you as well as get help!

1337099411[/url]' post='27423']

It is an 09,I also had an 05. When i figure it out I will use it for my photo! What about yourself?

Nice, I've got a 05 for my street bike, would like to upgrade it but never was crazy about the exhaust on the Gen II version

The exhaust is terrible ugly. I ordered Yosh slip on the day I signed the papers for the bike. The bike is awesome though, all day comfortable, more power, lighter, and the inverted fork works so much better. For any track or serious sport duty a new shock is a must! Only has a spring preload adjuster, no compression or rebound adjustments. The fuel injection is real nice as well! Can you tell I like the bike? Although I am looking foward to getting on the BMW!

Welcome to the forum yamahafz1! I've got a buddy that has an FZ1 and loves it. He found it much more comfortable than my last R6, if slighly less responsive :D. Of course that R6 was replaced by a K1200R for street riding , although I do wish I had it back for the track...

Good luck at NJ in Sept, you will have a blast (and wish you were doing level two as well...just a fair warning).

Best,

Carey

Welcome to the forum! I'm a bit of a fan of the FZ1 as well. Hired one in Japan earlier this year and it was a pretty fun bike - seemed to tip in faster/easier than my Gixxer!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I have been away. Riding Japan must be a bit of stress test! I am very happy with the FZ. I am looking into having the rear shock revalved or just repacing it with something better. They really goofed on the shock!

Schedule has kept me off this forum of late, but I gotta say, seeing all the nice welcomes to the new members...pretty darn cool.

The members, you guys, are creating that and its good to see...please keep it up.

Best,

Cobie

Sorry I have been away. Riding Japan must be a bit of stress test!

That's okay, you're allowed to be away every now and then. tongue.gif

Riding Japan... well I was not too concerned because the guy's I were with could find their way around. Well at least one of them could read and speak broken Japanese (that's a requirement when hiring the bikes, at least one in the group must be able to read Japanese). It was all good until I got separated from them about 10 minutes after we set off... laugh.gif Could have been really bad, I didn't have international roaming on my mobile phone, no way to contact them (not even sure how to get back to our hotel either!) But I found them again, all was good. Great adventure, but not recommended in winter unless you're super-keen!

My exposure to Japan was through my brother who was stationed there as a Marine security detachment on the USS Independence. My brother told me some stories of the traffic! I have a total of 20 years riding experience and I am taking level one this fall at NJ and would not like to ride in traffic in Japan!

I am not sure who is an instructor and who is not, but seeing the interaction amongst both makes me think I should have taken the school along time ago. I used to see the trucks etc at Loudon NH in the 80s. Oh man did I just date myself! Hey todays 45 is the new 25!