Vir May 13/14

Heading from MN to VIR for CSS...

I am very excited.

Having never been to VIR, I am a bit in the dark as to how my 2 days will go. I plan to arrive Sunday late afternoon or early evening. It is a 1070 mile drive.

Accomodations (are the Villas open, to be able to simply stay at the track the entire time?)

Food (what is avaialable at the track or close by)

etc... Feel free to treat me like I know absolutely nothing about how this will go.

Riding my own bike at the school so, I plan to ride straight to the Knoxville area Tuesday night after school, spend the night there then ride all the next day (making a 400~500 mile route soon, any top pick roads not to be missed) then I will head back for home on Thursday. Should be a very fun and educational 5 day trip. Albeit very exhuasting too.

Spring cannot come soon enough ! Forecasters tell us it won't even get above 0 this weekend or much of next week, yuk!

Hi Pepsi,

VIR is a favorite location of mine and I will be there on 5/13 & 5/14 so look me up (I'll be in the Kahki Jeep and probably next to a red dually with a big red trailer.

You can stay in the Paddock suites (a bit sparse but right on pit lane) or at the Lodge (more like a normal hotel and overlooking turns 5/6). I've never stayed at the Villas. If they are having an event on 5/12 you may not be able to check in until after 4 or 5 (the office can tell you - (434) 822-7700.

Food at the track is limited to the Oak Tree Tavern (its ok and if you are by yourself you can usually find other students there). Danville and South Boston are both 20-25 minutes away and offer some choices. There is also a decent pizza/sanwich shop just a few minutes from the track in Altom. I cant remember the name but the guys at the gate can direct you).

You should love VIR. It is a great facility and the North Course is a blast.

Best,

Carey

post-16961-0-64517300-1358450244_thumb.jpg

post-16961-0-58962300-1358450260_thumb.jpg

post-16961-0-46669000-1358450279_thumb.jpg

First time with CSS. Love north track, will have blue dodge, white canopy. Will probably just camp in the canopy like I do when I do track days there.

...You won't be able to miss it....lol

I'm thinking you are correct! So which came first, the Kawa or the Mustang? :)

First time with CSS. Love north track, will have blue dodge, white canopy. Will probably just camp in the canopy like I do when I do track days there.

We'll look for you. Who do you normally ride VIR with?

...You won't be able to miss it....lol

I'm thinking you are correct! So which came first, the Kawa or the Mustang? :)

We'll look for you. Who do you normally ride VIR with?

The bike came first. I will be bringing the red 600 though. Sadly the 250 in the pic is/was not mine. But it sure made for a convincing color match photo.

I am hoping to bring a friend with, but thus far they have not committed

Have rode with with both TPM and NESBA(last season)

Will be out there April 6,7,8 doing S,S,N combination with NESBA, as my season opener. CSS May 13,14. Then back again on June 1,2 for N both days with NESBA.

I did get a few of my questions answered when my registration packet arrived today...

It doesn't specifically the track accomodations as being available, but does list a half dozen local hotel/motels in Danville...

what all is in your packet? was it mailed or emailed?

The packet will have instructions, track address and directions, and release forms. Normally it is emailed. If you haven't received one you may want to call the school at 800-530-3350 or email Whitney at registration@superbikeschool.com.

Thank you. I will likely be in the "gotta have it green" Mustang with one of the trailers in tow. You won't be able to miss it....lol

FYI - you cannot keep your trailer at the Villas. The last time I went I dropped my trailer off in the paddock area and rode the bike back to the villa. My wife drove the truck back. If you're by yourself, this might be something to think about. When I arrived they told me this was due to the Villas limited parking situation. VIR is really spread out, so walking between Villas, paddock, resaturant, etc. is pretty much out. There did not appear to be any restrictions on trailers at the Lodge, and of course none at the Paddock Suites.

Given all that, the Villas are a great place to stay. If you get the second floor unit, you'll have a full kitchen (bigger and nicer than what I have at home...) so you could stock the fridge and never have to go out for meals. My wife and I took bicycles. She spent the days riding around the property and hanging out at the pool. Not sure if the pool will be open by the May school dates, but she's planning to go along again anyway. There's enough to do to keep her occupied while I'm in school.

See you this spring! :)

^

Thank you for the information. I called the track (VIR) today and left a message about availabilty of staying at the track. I'll let you know once I know something, I just used the word "villas" because that was what stuck in my head from looking at the track. I am not particular at which one of the loacations I stay at, but given your description perhaps the villas will be out.

Thanks again, and I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

At njmp we got a pit lane suite, they were great. I called for the reservation and got a cheaper rate than what they offered online. Don't know about vir, and their rates.

Booked my room at the Lodge. The Villas were not even on the option list so that made the choice easy.

They simply had me follow this link for reservations.

http://virresort.com/lodging/

If the villas are the ones coming on to the front straight, don't recall those being booked full while we were there..but the Lodge is nice, we stayed there last year and should again.

CF

I booked my room at the Lodge yesterday so I'll be there, probably on the porch with a few other repeat offenders smoking a cigar and sampling some of Dave's Kentucky brown water (it's the only reason we let him come). It's a nice place to spend the evening talking motorcycles (and other less important topics).

I will say I like to call to make my reservations. Dave has had a couple of mis-cues with the online reservations. They have always made it right but he did have to switch rooms between days on one trip last year. Of course it is Dave so user error cannot be ruled out. You know how those engineers are.... :P

Pepsi Drinker,

I live right outside of Knoxville (Dandridge), if you want a place to stay I've got plenty of room. I've been to VIR North twice and love it...great race course with lots of technical turns. Shoot me an email message (detroitsown@gmail.com) if you don't have a place to stay and would like to take me up on the offer. My sister lives in St Michael, MN...I know it's a long drive down.

Don