278 replies to this topic

#1 sanfret

sanfret

check out peterlenz.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:55 PM

This is me at Fontana a few weeks ago... And I sure as hell wasn't fast. :blink:
Posted Image

#2 racer

racer

Cornering Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Interests:currently attached to idea of living/working in foreign lands/cultures, ie. not a tourist.<br /><br />music/film/theatre/dance/art/literature/philosophy/science/engineering/teaching/etymology/history/cartography/<br />astronomy/spacetravel/celestial mechanics/building spaceships/predicting the next ice age...sailing/skiing/climbing/flying...laughing, playing, singing, writing...yaw/pitch/roll...gp bikes<br /><br />being part of the solution.<br /><br />oh, racing's pretty cool, too!

Posted 18 November 2006 - 06:39 PM

Hey sanfret,

Well, you sure LOOK fast...lol.

Regardless, that is an AWESOME photo!

Fontana looks like a cool track.

Racer
There is no spoon!

#3 Chris

Chris

Squid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:01 PM

Here is a pic of me going really slow at Hallett in Oklahoma. :unsure:

Posted Image

#4 Dragon RR

Dragon RR

Cornering Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 05:37 AM

Here are the 2 pictures I got from Mid Ohio this past year on August 7
I took the school as my first (and only so far) track day and I don't regret the decision at all
Attached File  tony_dragon_rr.jpg   267.61KB   409 downloads
Attached File  tony_dragon_rr2.jpg   350.94KB   288 downloads

#5 Scott Brunt

Scott Brunt

Squid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:43 PM

I've been lucky enough to run on some of Europes finest tracks.... here are a few of my favorite shots

Mugello in the rain......

Posted Image

Nürburgring GP track

Posted Image

Spa Francorschamps

Posted Image

Sachsenring
Posted Image

#6 farjang

farjang

Cornering Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle Racing, Wakeboarding, Photographing, and Snowboarding.

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:50 PM

Beginner here - Level I at Street of Willow

Posted Image

#7 GSXR600

GSXR600

Cornering Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 04:26 PM

Me at QR in Brisbane

Posted Image

#8 Rick448

Rick448

Cornering Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:37 AM

Here are two of me at Cadwell (UK) and these are after not being on a bike for 5 years. I am now much more up to speed and will be doing level 1 this year. Hopefully I will look better!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Before you spend money improving your bike.. spend money improving the rider :)

#9 xtrmln

xtrmln

Cornering Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:32 AM

Posted Image
This is a typical Pacific Northwest late March Adrenaline Freaks trackday. Gotta love playin in the snow!

#10 Cobie Fair

Cobie Fair

Chief Riding Coach World Wide

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,345 posts
  • Interests:The School and training riders keeps me pretty busy. I like action pistol shooting, woodworking, welding, dirt bike riding, hanging with my kids.

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:52 PM

Posted Image
This is a typical Pacific Northwest late March Adrenaline Freaks trackday. Gotta love playin in the snow!

uh, no thanks on riding in the snow (at least on a track) unless I really had to :)

C

#11 xtrmln

xtrmln

Cornering Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:04 AM

Posted Image

uh, no thanks on riding in the snow (at least on a track) unless I really had to :)

C

Yes I would agree under most circumstances. I however knew I would be racing the next day and the forcast was for more of the same. I figured I might as well try and get used to it for the Sat. race. It was my last race to graduate out of Novice. We did have more of the same for the practices but by the time the race came around it was just a monsoon of a rain instead of the white stuff. I would have to say I really think it was because of the skills and the aproach to riding I learned with the Superbike School that allowed me to keep her on two wheels. The skills I learned on the slide bike have saved my bacon on way more than a couple of occasions. I didn't fare as well as I would have liked in the wet race (took 3rd). Especially after leading the entire race up till the last corner. I learned there is another aspect of my game I need to put some effort into. "Racecraft" as I have heard it called before. I will have a better plan for that aspect next time out for sure.

#12 sanfret

sanfret

check out peterlenz.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:56 AM

"Racecraft" as I have heard it called before.

The school offers the CodeRACE school where racecraft is experienced too :)

#13 Kevin Kane

Kevin Kane

Rainman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Interests:Track Riding-Scuba Diving-Hiking-Cooking-Wine

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:35 PM

Sanfret;

That's a really impressive young rider you're managing there. I seem to remember his dad was a fairly talented rider himself. I rode with him at CodeRACE back in 2004 and if memory serves, he did the double that weekend winning both races...I wonder what happened to that guy... ; )

Kevin Kane

#14 Cobie Fair

Cobie Fair

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,345 posts
  • Interests:The School and training riders keeps me pretty busy. I like action pistol shooting, woodworking, welding, dirt bike riding, hanging with my kids.

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

xtrmin,

Where are you racing, what track?

C

#15 sanfret

sanfret

check out peterlenz.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:03 PM

Sanfret;

That's a really impressive young rider you're managing there. I seem to remember his dad was a fairly talented rider himself. I rode with him at CodeRACE back in 2004 and if memory serves, he did the double that weekend winning both races...I wonder what happened to that guy... ; )

Kevin Kane

um... I think he retired to spend time kick starting his son's RSF150R :) Good to speak to you again Mr. Kane.

#16 sanfret

sanfret

check out peterlenz.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:05 PM

Where are you racing, what track?

That looks like Pacific Raceways (the old SIR)

#17 Cobie Fair

Cobie Fair

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,345 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:19 PM

Sanfret;

Kevin Kane

um... I think he retired to spend time kick starting his son's RSF150R :) Good to speak to you again Mr. Kane.

true slackers have electric starter equipped bikes. I guess that's me!

C

#18 xtrmln

xtrmln

Cornering Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:44 AM

Sanfret gets the gold sticky star! Pacific Raceway in Kent, WA. I will be out there again this weekend hopefully in a little bit warmer conditions. Unfortunately it's looking like the first dry stint will have to wait a few more weekends as it looks like we will be playing in the rain.... again! here is another snow day pic. Might be a bit small but it was definatley snowing. If you click on the pic you might be able to see the snow.
Posted Image

#19 Cobie Fair

Cobie Fair

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,345 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:18 PM

Sanfret gets the gold sticky star! Pacific Raceway in Kent, WA. I will be out there again this weekend hopefully in a little bit warmer conditions. Unfortunately it's looking like the first dry stint will have to wait a few more weekends as it looks like we will be playing in the rain.... again! here is another snow day pic. Might be a bit small but it was definatley snowing. If you click on the pic you might be able to see the snow.
Posted Image

I'll stick with my theme of being a bit of a slacker, and riding in the rain/cold only when I absolutely have to (like a school).

#20 martys

martys

Cornering Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:42 PM

Posted Image

I'll stick with my theme of being a bit of a slacker, and riding in the rain/cold only when I absolutely have to (like a school).

I was at Pacific last Wed 4/9 for the 2-Fast performance school. It started out dicy with temps in the low 30s, dense fog and very slick track. the first session at 9am was a slow parade but by 10am the sun was out and the rest of the day was glorious and warm (for up here). It was great to be able to apply the new skills from the camp I attended in March on my bike in my gear on our home track. One thing though, I couldn't find those yellow X's on the track anywhere ;-) Photos have not been posted yet by Studio819, once they are I'll put some links in here. I'm already signed up to go back May 8th, can't wait!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users