Las Vegas, Oct/nov 2009

Hi, My name is Francisco, and i`m from Chile, so first my apologies for the splelling mistakes, english is not my native language. I want to anttend the 2-day school in Las Vegas Motor Speedway, on Oct 31 and Nov 1, 2009. As i will have to travel a lot (about 20 hrs by plane), i want to be sure about some things: 1.- Do you admit foreing students (i understand english and have riding experience) 2.- Do yo recommend acomodation in Vegas, because i will travell with mi wife so i want to stay near the Strip, for her not to be too bored!!!! 3.- Track layout? The School is on the Oval? 4.- Still have the 2007 Kawas? Thanks!

1.- Do you admit foreing students (i understand english and have riding experience)

Hey Francisco, Yes as long as you speak and understad english pretty well this should not be a problem.

2.- Do yo recommend acomodation in Vegas, because i will travell with mi wife so i want to stay near the Strip, for her not to be too bored!!!!

Well there are lots of great places to stay in Vegas, it all depends on how much you want to spend. The Bellagio is real nice and so is The Venetian and Mandaly Bay. These are all on "The Strip" so there is tons of stuff for your wife to do while you are at the school. For something more afordable on "The Strip", Circus Circus has very cheap rooms, but it is not as nice. The hotels down town are closer to the track where you will be riding, but there is still plenty of stuff for your wife to do. Vega.com has a lot of infor about all the hotels and they sometimes have some pretty good deals too.

3.- Track layout? The School is on the Oval? 4.- Still have the 2007 Kawas? Thanks!

We use the infield road course for the school and I assume that we will have the new '09 ZX6R to ride this year. We typically get new bikes when Kawisaki releases a new model. You can see the track layout here http://www.lvms.com/seating_chart.html , we use the couse on the inside of the speedway where it sayes "Rv parking".

Thanks Stuman for the info! I checked the track, and it looks nice!..cant`wait to be there. I think my English level is OK por the purpoise of the school; i lived in england for a year, studing. Mi weakness in in the writen part! So, as soon as i can, i will start arrainging the trip and i will pay the deposit. Also, i forgot to ask about the gear. I have a Shoei helmet, Alpinestars one piece suit and boots. That will be ok for the school?

1.- Do you admit foreing students (i understand english and have riding experience)

Hey Francisco, Yes as long as you speak and understad english pretty well this should not be a problem.

2.- Do yo recommend acomodation in Vegas, because i will travell with mi wife so i want to stay near the Strip, for her not to be too bored!!!!

Well there are lots of great places to stay in Vegas, it all depends on how much you want to spend. The Bellagio is real nice and so is The Venetian and Mandaly Bay. These are all on "The Strip" so there is tons of stuff for your wife to do while you are at the school. For something more afordable on "The Strip", Circus Circus has very cheap rooms, but it is not as nice. The hotels down town are closer to the track where you will be riding, but there is still plenty of stuff for your wife to do. Vega.com has a lot of infor about all the hotels and they sometimes have some pretty good deals too.

3.- Track layout? The School is on the Oval? 4.- Still have the 2007 Kawas? Thanks!

We use the infield road course for the school and I assume that we will have the new '09 ZX6R to ride this year. We typically get new bikes when Kawisaki releases a new model. You can see the track layout here http://www.lvms.com/seating_chart.html , we use the couse on the inside of the speedway where it sayes "Rv parking".

The folks in Vegas may never speak to me again when I say this but....

When I went to Vegas I got a vacation rental house. Waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than a hotel. I was about 10 mins from the strip by car. I don't think I'll ever rent a hotel in vegas for that reason. Just use your favorite search engine to find vacation rentals.

Thanks Stuman for the info! I checked the track, and it looks nice!..cant`wait to be there. I think my English level is OK por the purpoise of the school; i lived in england for a year, studing. Mi weakness in in the writen part! So, as soon as i can, i will start arrainging the trip and i will pay the deposit. Also, i forgot to ask about the gear. I have a Shoei helmet, Alpinestars one piece suit and boots. That will be ok for the school?

Your writting is better then mine :)

Your gear should be OK, you can rent gear from the school too, if you don't want to carry your stuff with you.

Francisco, my girlfriend and I did levels 1 & 2 this past November in Vegas and the track is a lot of fun for learning. You will have a great time there I am sure.

I don't know Jaybird. I like being able to walk to a couple different places, toss a few back, gamble here, gamble there, and not have to worry about getting back. And If you haven't shelled out for a nicer hotel room, you have to try it. I know everyone says "but I'm not going to be in the room much." I've lived there, and I do a little gambling and a lot of relaxing. MGM is great.

And Stuman. Did you really recommend Circus Circus to Delirio? Shame on you. Can you imagine how he would explain Las Vegas to his friends at home? He'd be the last Chilean to visit Vegas for a long time.

I am going to stay downtown when I do the school. Cheap, nice rooms with a nice local feel, or jump on the bus and after a short trip you're on the strip. And it's a few minutes closer to the track.

Regarding the riding gear, it's all included in the 2-day camps, gear rental, lap times, food during the day, it's all there, just show up, especially if you don't want to haul your gear around internationally (sometimes a pain).

Best,

Cobie

Thanks for all the information, it is very usefull. Now i'm just waitng for may 2008 bonus, and i will start with the payments, flight ticketes, hotels, etc... I'll keep in touch to let you know how this adventure is developing.... Quite a trip....form Chile to Vegas...maybe i will be the most "far away" student!!! Off topic: by the way, i can't use the toolbar, i tried to post a photo but none of the functions in the toolbar works...it's me or my PC?

Thanks for all the information, it is very usefull. Now i'm just waitng for may 2008 bonus, and i will start with the payments, flight ticketes, hotels, etc... I'll keep in touch to let you know how this adventure is developing.... Quite a trip....form Chile to Vegas...maybe i will be the most "far away" student!!! Off topic: by the way, i can't use the toolbar, i tried to post a photo but none of the functions in the toolbar works...it's me or my PC?

Do let us know about the adventure of getting up here!

I don't know what is up with the toolbar, I've asked the webmaster, not gotten an answer :(

C

• 5 months later...