Information Section

OK forum braniacs, here's the question: Where/how on the forum should suggestions, info be put regarding equipment.

For example, lets say I could get our helmet sponsor, or our leathers expert, or what we have found to work for our tires, and post up some info for all to access. An "Equipment" section? Maybe some pinned threads that would show at the top of the pertinent gear (helmet, leathers, boots, tires, etc.)?

Let me know what you guys think of this.

C

I think an "Equipment" section would be a great way to do it. It would work better to have its own section then trying to fit it under one of the three (Announcements, Keith's Corner and Techniques) we have right now, as it does not really fit under any of the other three in my opinion. As far as the pinned threads, I like that idea as well. It helps people find the type of product quick and easy so they can get info or ask new questions they may have about it.

I think an "Equipment" section would be a great way to do it. It would work better to have its own section then trying to fit it under one of the three (Announcements, Keith's Corner and Techniques) we have right now, as it does not really fit under any of the other three in my opinion. As far as the pinned threads, I like that idea as well. It helps people find the type of product quick and easy so they can get info or ask new questions they may have about it.

I'm with Fire on this.

Kevin

OK forum braniacs, here's the question: Where/how on the forum should suggestions, info be put regarding equipment.

For example, lets say I could get our helmet sponsor, or our leathers expert, or what we have found to work for our tires, and post up some info for all to access. An "Equipment" section? Maybe some pinned threads that would show at the top of the pertinent gear (helmet, leathers, boots, tires, etc.)?

C

I agree an "equipment" section would fill a gap. People new to the sport have a lot of questions about gear, so it helps to have a place to ask things. New riders sometimes shy away from getting good gear because it is expensive, but spare parts for people are extremely expensive and often not even available!

C

I agree an "equipment" section would fill a gap. People new to the sport have a lot of questions about gear, so it helps to have a place to ask things. New riders sometimes shy away from getting good gear because it is expensive, but spare parts for people are extremely expensive and often not even available!

Double ditto, Stevo! $800 to fix the bike, $1100 on new & replacement gear, $40K to rebuild the ankle (I highly recommend the crazy boots at all times!)

C

hmmmmmm........not sure on the replacement parts. Last year, my club did a charity ride for the DC Burn Foundation. They provide skin when needed. So we can help out with that one. If anyone wants to do a Spine Foundation, then we can get rid of gear altogether. :P

Do you mean sponsors, or equipment in general? If you put an equipment page on here, you could have a sponsor section inside that. Otherwise, I would agree on the equipment section being added. But would it possibly get people away from the riding chat that we do? Just don't add a "general" or "not motorcycle related" section please, and I'm sure most of us would be more than happy to browse the equipment section as well.

Another thing that could possibly happen, would be repeated posts, and several hundred repeat posts about "what bike should I get?" I have no problem answering them to the best of my ability, but there are plenty of people who get tired of that question. And now I can add the "you should definitely look into the crossover" statement. What is that bike about? It's a big engined scooter.

04.jpg

I agree that a separate equipment section would be nice, and a pinned topic that lists what the school uses for equipment (bike stuff and riding gear), and info on bike mods, bike setup, tires and tire pressures, for the school bikes and the coach bikes. And some notes about what works well for you and why. That stuff is interesting because you guys put on so many miles in so many different types of conditions, with so many different people, that you get a terrific perspective on what works or doesn't.

Just one request, I'd prefer NOT to have a section where everyone gets to list or show off all the mods on their bikes, there is too much of that on other forums already - I think folks on this forum are here to ride their bikes, not decorate them. :ph34r:

Just one request, I'd prefer NOT to have a section where everyone gets to list or show off all the mods on their bikes, there is too much of that on other forums already - I think folks on this forum are here to ride their bikes, not decorate them. :ph34r:

I'm OK with that- my bike is bone stock. Outside of putting new Qualifiers on it and changing the oil, I haven't spent any money on the bike, just the rider!

I'm OK with that- my bike is bone stock. Outside of putting new Qualifiers on it and changing the oil, I haven't spent any money on the bike, just the rider!

And I have some stickers I wanted to brag about. They increase aerodynamics and make the tires more sticky.

This sounds like a good idea, is it only going to be for the companies that sponser the school though?