Keith Once Said?

nobody

Practice is like toilet paper the more you have the more you waste.

now i do not understand what dose that means, every body tells you that practice makes perfect.

Catchy phrase.

Keith also said that you can think about your riding when not on the track and work it out with pen and paper. He said "paper is cheaper than tires".

I think maybe what he means is that you have to make good use of your practice time and try to do something productive. Sometimes the more practice time you have you end up wasting it by just riding around and not really trying to improve any aspect of your riding.

It is a good idea to try to focus on improving one thing at a time durring a given practice session. Jst riding around for fun is cool too :) but just riding around probably won't improve your riding :)

That is exactly what Keith meant. He said it to me in 1995 after I had completed level 1 of the Schools at Willow and I was asking about practising. :)

as above !

as i discussed with a coach at schools (hi andy) pens and paper are certainly cheaper than track time and repairs !

what modest speed i have gained has and is still being worked at and i do try and make notes of course if you,ve got a masssive brain storage capacity and access to limitless bikes , fuel , tyres , tracks etc . then no worries .

( wait a minute does that make me stupid and poor ! )

there is no substitute for seat time , but its amazing how when your told you,ve only got 5 more laps or something that you start to use them as wisely as possible to try and gain some info .

as above !

as i discussed with a coach at schools (hi andy) pens and paper are certainly cheaper than track time and repairs !

what modest speed i have gained has and is still being worked at and i do try and make notes of course if you,ve got a masssive brain storage capacity and access to limitless bikes , fuel , tyres , tracks etc . then no worries .

( wait a minute does that make me stupid and poor ! )

there is no substitute for seat time , but its amazing how when your told you,ve only got 5 more laps or something that you start to use them as wisely as possible to try and gain some info .

There is for sure a lot more track time available than there used to be in years past. We've often recommended that a litlte time with paper and pen can be quiet useful!

C