Helmets For People Who Wear Glasses?

Does anyone ANYONE make a full face helmet designed to go on and off over glasses?

I've complained about this to several helmet makers--usually in a snarky tone right after their poorly designed helmet broke another pair of my glasses from slipping them on and off inside that tiny little face opening and those giant over sized cheek and ear pieces. I KNOW helmets need to protect the face, but I can buy a half helmet, a 3/4 helmet and a motocross helmet with minimal or NO face protection, so why doesn't anyone have the courage to make one to fit over glasses? It's not like it's tough--just square off the front of the helmet and face shield a bit, and make an opening where the frames fit over the ears. "Oh, we can't do that!" Well, I see plenty of helmet with little fins in the back, but nothing for me. What about MY needs? Boo-hoo. Now I'm crying and my glasses are fogging up! Okay. I'm done now. Thanks for letting me rant.

Does anyone ANYONE make a full face helmet designed to go on and off over glasses?

I've complained about this to several helmet makers--usually in a snarky tone right after their poorly designed helmet broke another pair of my glasses from slipping them on and off inside that tiny little face opening and those giant over sized cheek and ear pieces. I KNOW helmets need to protect the face, but I can buy a half helmet, a 3/4 helmet and a motocross helmet with minimal or NO face protection, so why doesn't anyone have the courage to make one to fit over glasses? It's not like it's tough--just square off the front of the helmet and face shield a bit, and make an opening where the frames fit over the ears. "Oh, we can't do that!" Well, I see plenty of helmet with little fins in the back, but nothing for me. What about MY needs? Boo-hoo. Now I'm crying and my glasses are fogging up! Okay. I'm done now. Thanks for letting me rant.

Can't you get prescription visors??

I've heard the modular (flip-up) helmets are great for people with glasses. I have a friend that has a Nolan and he doesn't have to take his glasses on/off to put on the helmet.

Nolan

Scorpion

Personally I would rather have the solid full face helmet and just take my glasses off... but can't argue it is annoying at times.

I really cannot see any problem with removing and inserting my glasses every time - I've done so for 30 years and it has never bothered me. Helmet goes on and pulls ears down along with it, push glasses in place, put in fingers to lift the top of the ears back, fasten helmet strap and on you go. Even if I could keep the glasses on, I would still have to correct my ears, so having to take them off and put them on add maybe 10 seconds to the job. No big deal.

Wearing too big glasses, however, is problematic. You need glasses that are not much wider than your temples for comfort.

Don't think any full face helmet are designed to be put on and off while you have your glasses on.

I just got contacts for this season, due to when in full tuck or hang offs I am looking over the top of the glasses.

• 11 years later...