Which Drill Or Technique?

acebobby

Ok so as I have said before winter has arrived here so I find myself with a little more time on my hands, so in turn tend to become a little more active on the forum!

So what I was wondering from you guys and girls, Is there a drill or technique that you just cant seem to master? something that makes you think, if I could just get that one thing down everything else would be great?

Interested in all answers, even the coaches!

Bobby

Seems like Eirik and I have something in common...:) I would like to push the corners harder and maximize grip. The drill is to go faster!

Ok so as I have said before winter has arrived here so I find myself with a little more time on my hands, so in turn tend to become a little more active on the forum!

So what I was wondering from you guys and girls, Is there a drill or technique that you just cant seem to master? something that makes you think, if I could just get that one thing down everything else would be great?

Interested in all answers, even the coaches!

Bobby

In Level 3, the Pivot Steering technique is one I have to remind myself to do, and then coordinating that with the other Level 3 skills, takes a bit of work to get right at the Streets of Willow Springs, turn 1-8.

CF

I'm another one who has problems with sticky vision--getting stuck looking at my turn point, or frozen looking at the apex, so I guess it's the Two Step that still gives me the most problems.

On the other hand, when I get my eyes up and work on making ONE turn per corner, everything else seems to fall into line. Ahhhhhhh!

I recently would have said the Hip Flick (LV3), but I spent much time at slower speeds getting it nailed down. Now I would have to say maintaining the Wide View (LV2) when going at pace. It can be done and I do it, but I really really have to tell myself to do it. Our eyes have their own agenda..!! Hopefully in the future we can genetically modify the eyes to stop narrowing our attention. :D

Stop tensing up -- without thinking about 'don't tense'

This hip flick thing sounds interesting - and something I may have inadvertently started (I still practice the L1 flick drill, daily). I'm trying to pick a point and flick right there.

I talk to myself quite a bit; push, flick, twist hips (used to be less ass, more mass), knee in tank, relax fukr.

Stop tensing up -- without thinking about 'don't tense'

This hip flick thing sounds interesting - and something I may have inadvertently started (I still practice the L1 flick drill, daily). I'm trying to pick a point and flick right there.

I talk to myself quite a bit; push, flick, twist hips (used to be less ass, more mass), knee in tank, relax fukr.

The Hip-Flick is a LV3 technique. It's a body positioning element when transitioning from one side to another. If your already working on body position (as you mentioned) then I recommend getting up to and completing LV3. :)

The Hip-Flick is a LV3 technique. It's a body positioning element when transitioning from one side to another. If your already working on body position (as you mentioned) then I recommend getting up to and completing LV3. :)

Trust, when I say, as soon as I can. I've been salivating for level 2 since the day after level 1. ;)

Mine is the 2 step. Easily. When I practice it strictly I tend to drift in. I've cut down on getting my eyes in the corner AS SOON AS I find my turn point and I've improved on both my corner entry speed as well as corner speed.

I had a chance to talk to Leon Camier last summer, at the school when Keith came over here. For those over the pond, he's one of our better riders from the UK. He said it's the level 2 stuff that he's constantly working on, the physical side of body position and all that he was comfortable with.

I had a chance to talk to Leon Camier last summer, at the school when Keith came over here. For those over the pond, he's one of our better riders from the UK. He said it's the level 2 stuff that he's constantly working on, the physical side of body position and all that he was comfortable with.

You were there as well? We might have met then (at 6'6" & all-white Dainese leathers, I'm hard to miss/overlook ;)). Which levels did you do and what group were you in? I did Level 3 & 4 those two days (white-3).

Kai