Looking Forward To Barber And Atlanta

Signed up for Level 1 at Barber in June and Level 2 at Road Atlanta in August. Trying to work a deal now to trade in my 2007 Tuono for a 2010 CBR 1000RR. I think I'll be much more satisfied on the track with the CBR.

That will be a nice way to do it, at 2 different tracks too.

CF

Got my aperwork for both schools today. Bummed to find out the lean bike cannot be used at Road Atlanta in the Level 2 class. I thought they had a big open area for this.

The real story on this is we are not 100% sure if we can use it. It's been a few years since we have been there, we'll need to see what's available for us to use, and what condition the pavement is in.

There is another track we can't do it, not because of the space, but the condition of the asphalt, and angle of the area are factors. We need a decent size of flat pavement in good condition.

There is another track we can't do it, not because of the space, but the condition of the asphalt, and angle of the area are factors. We need a decent size of flat pavement in good condition.

But Streets of Willow is the sure bet for all the off-track goodies, right?

/Kai

/Kai

Kai,

Yes, weather is as close to a guarantee as can be had, and we have the room for the slide bike, there is a skid pant right next to the track that we use.

/Kai

Kai,

Yes, weather is as close to a guarantee as can be had, and we have the room for the slide bike, there is a skid pant right next to the track that we use.

Hope to sign up for the two day camp for Levels 3 & 4 at The Ridge Motorpark. Seeing how this will be your first time up here, do you know if you will have it here?

Thanks,

Ozzy

Hope to sign up for the two day camp for Levels 3 & 4 at The Ridge Motorpark. Seeing how this will be your first time up here, do you know if you will have it here?

Thanks,

Ozzy

Good question, don't know. Haven't been there yet as you mention, don't know the layout of the off track training, if there is a large enough area. Need a pretty good sized area to run the Slide Bike. Less to run the lean bike.

CF

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the site. Taking this school is a great way to learn tracks and get a nice line down because they give you big yellow X's on and you can adjust from there. Takes a lot of irritation out of trying to focus on the skills and get around the track at the same time. Have fun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Narcosis, welcome to the forum!

Trading up to a CBR is probably a good move if you want to get serious about track days. Great bikes from what I have heard as well...

Ismaic, have a look over on the Aussie CSS site, there's some good reviews that cover each level - should give you a good idea of what to expect!

http://www.superbikeschool.com.au/sbs_whattheysay/everyday-joe-two-wheels

Cheers,

Conrad

Archived