Street Vs Track

stuman

I commute on my bike rain or shine, and ride track just about every chance I get. I just finished my first year of track riding, and did about 15 of them. I don't have the urge to just go riding since I started track riding, but rarely did before that. I never drive my car, and my wife ended up selling hers, and she just drives mine now.

So how many of you ride on the trtack only? Seems a lot of guys give up the street once the start riding on the track. I like both, how about you?

I do both. My commute is fairly straight and easy, a bit boring, but I still like it. I also go down to the Smokies with some friends and it's a tremendous amount of fun riding those roads- it's a different kind of challenge compared to the track. I think each type of riding can help the other.

It's the track for me now days.

I've had a few big offs at the track, and if that had of happened on the street, I wouldn't be typing this.

Plus there are too many idiots like me driving cars on the street around here ;)

Cheers

I do both but mostly road riding (about 10000 miles a year) thats only riding for fun, I dont commute on my bike, as far as track riding goes I dont get on the track as much as I'd like but am planning on changing that in 2009, I aim to do levels 2 and 3 at the CSS and do a load of trackdays too!

last year was my 1st full year track riding only....didnt feel the urge at all for any other kind of riding..i fing it real boring and only the track gets me going now...cant wait for next season...

Street riding has been almost zero for the last few years---mostly due to chauffering little ones. Haven't even done much dirt riding lately, and that basically sucks, as I'd wanted to get a bit better there.