Usa Broadcasts Of 2013 Races

Sadly they are not, it would seem Fox Sports is gutting Speed and converting it into Fox Sports 1 to compete with ESPN, from what I can tell they will be broadcasting MotoGP this season, and possibly 2 rounds of AMA but that's about it. beIN SPORT will be broadcasting WSBK this season, Roadracing World article on that here http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=50910

Tyler

I did, it worked great, but the link to it ONLY showed up during the broadcast. I had looked ahead of time to see how to do it and it wasn't there. When the race was actually on, there was a huge logo and link on the site so it was easy to find.

The video quality of the streaming was great!

If you're willing to wait a few hours and use YouTube, then this guy does a great job uploading the race video: http://www.youtube.com/user/The666Sicco?feature=g-hist.

I've been trying to figure out how to properly boycott Speed (Fox Sports), although spamming their Facebook site with "you stink" (or insert more colorful language) comments came to mind :)

Hmmm, you probably saw this already... but just in case... and for everyone else...

http://www.beinsport.tv/home I believe they had a live stream only for the first round. Supposedly they are setting up a separate streaming channel for road racing coverage on the website and it is to be ready in time for the next round.

http://www.beinsport...tbein/subscribe This link shows the providers list as well as numbers to call to tell your provider you want them to carry beIN.

Interesting, What Cable/Internet Provider do you have Hotfoot ??? I swear I clicked every damn link I could find on their website for about half an hour and found nothing other then the news story about how there was going to be a live stream.

I have Verizon FIOS and thus cannot get BeIn Sports on TV. I was on the BeIn Sports website using an iPad on a Verizon MIFi hotspot.

BEFORE coverage started, there was NOTHING on the site, I looked all over. But I checked it around 6:30 pm or so PST and there was a HUGE link, the whole top half of their homepage was WSBK, and voila, it worked great. I only watched the first round, then I think the coverage stopped and restarted again later, I didn't check.

They definitely did not make it available for replay, you had to be there watching at the right time to get it.

I'm aggravated with Speed channel. :(

I consider it more than likely I'll never watch Speed again. YouTube... I wasn't sure I would like it, but now I watch races on my computer or my iPhone wherever/whenever it's convenient, and there are races available I might not have watched otherwise, such as British Superbike.

I've resisted watching races on small screens...maybe I'll have to come into the 21 century!

I don't want to overwhelm you with technology here... but they make DVD players (and TVs) now with internet connections so you can stream internet video to your full size TV. It's not as expensive as it sounds... I bought a Sony DVD player for $60 that connects to the internet (it's not wifi, though, that costs another $100 or so, I think). I mostly use it to stream Amazon instant videos (TV and movies) and the available choices are tons better than my cable service offers.

I also currently have a DVD player that has a neat accessory cradle for my iPhone, so I can stream video from my iPhone onto the TV screen. I can also download a movie from iTunes onto the phone and watch it on the TV, or play iTunes music through the home theater speakers, or even just view photos from the phone on the TV.

Soooo cool what you can do these days.

I've resisted watching races on small screens...maybe I'll have to come into the 21 century!

I don't want to overwhelm you with technology here... but they make DVD players (and TVs) now with internet connections so you can stream internet video to your full size TV. It's not as expensive as it sounds... I bought a Sony DVD player for $60 that connects to the internet (it's not wifi, though, that costs another $100 or so, I think). I mostly use it to stream Amazon instant videos (TV and movies) and the available choices are tons better than my cable service offers.

I also currently have a DVD player that has a neat accessory cradle for my iPhone, so I can stream video from my iPhone onto the TV screen. I can also download a movie from iTunes onto the phone and watch it on the TV, or play iTunes music through the home theater speakers, or even just view photos from the phone on the TV.

Soooo cool what you can do these days.

My wife bought us a Playstation III a year or two ago to replace our aging DVD player and because the PS III also is a high quality Blu-Ray player, and Blu-Ray now is our preferred disk option. I belatedly discovered the PS III can use our home wi-fi to stream video. So, I still can watch YouTube race videos on my TV - nearly as good as simply getting it through cable (i.e. Speed).

Since it hasn't been said in the last few posts... Speed sucks! :)

Actually its Fox Sports that sucks, they are the ones pulling the strings and screwing us out of 2 wheeled action, I can assure you I was quite happy to check my DVR the other night and watch my latest recording of "Superbike Family" to find 30 min of Emergency Live Newcast about a NASCAR wreck .....

If you're willing to wait a few hours and use YouTube, then this guy does a great job uploading the race video: http://www.youtube.com/user/The666Sicco?feature=g-hist.

I've been trying to figure out how to properly boycott Speed (Fox Sports), although spamming their Facebook site with "you stink" (or insert more colorful language) comments came to mind :)

Many thanks for the tip Brad! I hadn't thought about YouTube. I didn't expect whole races to be available there (you know how militant Dorna is on MotoGP videos).

I'm watching the first race on my web-enabled plasma right now. It's not HD but its much better than not seeing it! And like you said it adds all kinds of viewing options.

As for Speed, I'm with you. Fox's cadre of geniuses strike again. Knobs.

warregl, there is a guy on ncsportbikes.com that is uploading the race files to a google account, they are in 780i and can be downloaded to disk/file to be watched later. pm me if you want information, or the file share link.

• 3 weeks later...

For those who are interested, apparently FOX Sports, aka Speed, has signed a deal for broadcasting MotoGP... the details in this story still are a bit vague however.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/913/15836/Motorcycle-Article/MotoGP-Inks-FOX-Sports-TV-Deal.aspx

On the whole, this is too little too late from FOX/Speed. They lost my business when they failed to develop race broadcast deals well in advance. They still have no plans for WSBK and barely even limited coverage for AMA (excluding motocross). But we get lots of reruns of R U Faster than a Redneck. I'll watch the races through other sources.

Thanks for the link Brad. And I do know what you mean, Fox seems to be their own worst enemy.

I may be hopelessly optimistic but so far NBC Sports seems to be doing ok with F1 coverage. I even noticed a new show called F1 36 where they follow a driver for 36 hours...I havent seen it yet (starts this weekend) but it has to be better than "R U Faster than a Redneck"...

Thanks for the link Brad. And I do know what you mean, Fox seems to be their own worst enemy.

I may be hopelessly optimistic but so far NBC Sports seems to be doing ok with F1 coverage. I even noticed a new show called F1 36 where they follow a driver for 36 hours...I havent seen it yet (starts this weekend) but it has to be better than "R U Faster than a Redneck"...

LMAO :lol: