Goals For 2014

ScrmnDuc

Lose 15 lbs before season starts.

Get my race license.

Get accustomed to using slicks and warmers.

Get more coaching and drop 2 seconds.

Complete the endurance season (6 rounds) no lower than 2nd place in our class.

Run at least four rounds of Battle of the Twins Lightweight and make at least one podium (sounds like a lofty goal but it is a small class with our association - only 5 or six riders typically).

How's that sound for middle-aged guy in his first race season?

I've never been a big fan of goals for some reason...

But I can tell you what is going to happen - I'm going to finish building my supermoto and get to some SM track days. Then I'll start applying CSS techniques to SM riding... I will be on a mission to prove to the SM regulars that CSS is valid to supermoto.

I would also like to do some flat track riding. And maybe get out in the bush for some dirt bike riding.

Planning to do CSS Level 2 in the first half of this year, maybe go to Phillip Island for Level 3 in the 2nd half of the year - see how things go!

• 2 weeks later...

Lose at least 10 lbs

Set my bike up

Find more isolated practice routes.

Get consistent with riding partners for weekly rides

Use Twist II yet again for study

Increase my level of fitness / endurance for both the track and motocross.

Reduce my lap times at NJMP Thunderbolt.

Jump a longer double at the motocross track that I've never done before.

Goals for 2014

Race : 250, 600, 650 and 1000 (In various organizations CCS,MCRA maybe WERA)

Finish Sprinter Van conversion (80% done almost two year project)

Hit podium a few times.

HAVE FUN..

Grow my Bike Family base!

• 4 weeks later...

I am going to do Level 4 this year. My goal is to improve my body position. Canyon carving I have touched the cylinder head protectors of my BMW R1100S several times which means I need to get the bike up and the knee down. I need to conquer this skill soon, those protectores are a 140US a piece! Body wise I am fit slender and healthy.

Goals for 2014

Race : 250, 600, 650 and 1000 (In various organizations CCS,MCRA maybe WERA)

Finish Sprinter Van conversion (80% done almost two year project)

Hit podium a few times.

HAVE FUN..

Grow my Bike Family base!

See you at a frew MCRA races! Gunna be fun times for sure. I am #511 red 250.

Nearly there....lost 10 lbs already (weightwatchers - very educational experience, keeping track of everything you eat and drink). I am actually going to try for another 10 before the season starts. I am making sure to also get lots of exercise (gym, and also cross country skiing) to ensure that I am not shedding too much muscle mass.

Nearly there....lost 10 lbs already (weightwatchers - very educational experience, keeping track of everything you eat and drink). I am actually going to try for another 10 before the season starts. I am making sure to also get lots of exercise (gym, and also cross country skiing) to ensure that I am not shedding too much muscle mass.

Keep it up YD.

I am going to revise my orignal post with getting myself into a much better physical condition than I am.

Same goals as every year:

1) Keep it fun

2) Visit at least one new track per season--going to be 2 this year. Streets of Willow w/ CSS next month and CotA w/ RideSmart in June. :)

3) Continue to make small & intelligent changes for steady improvement, not irrational huge leaps of faith for "Hail Mary" gains in speed.

The additional goal I made at the end of last season was to get my legs (hammys 'n thighs) in better shape endurance-wise. Bought a crossbike for outdoor riding and an indoor trainer to put it on when it's being Minnesota outside during these months of torture.

I'll be ready for Lvls 3 & 4 come April. :-)

-Christian