Barber Motorsports Park May 2020

53Driver

The Paddock area at Barber, right behind the pits/racing control and the Start Finish line is open for RVs during the CSS class!

No water or sewer, but electrical is available.   I'll be in the RV for the week!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey 53 and Red,  as of now I've still got the trip on the books but I'll need to reevaluate the Virus situation in about a month and perhaps again 10-14 days out (I assume CSS will be doing the same as per local ordinances/public health concerns).

I've been planning to arrive a day early and spend Friday at the Museum, might do a combo of hotel and trailer camping but haven't booked accommodations yet. I have room in my enclosed trailer for an extra bike (coming from Austin area), but my trailer only has a queen bed. 

Been looking forward to these dates and I'm hopeful we will all be able to safely attend.

This will be over in a few more days and we will have the time of our life at CSS.

@El Colibri, the museum is awesome!!! Great memory lane treat. Very peculiar sign name, are you into birds or are latino by any chance? In Puerto Rico we have Colibri's and we call them also "Zumbadores" = Humming Bird.  I'll be driving from Dallas too, but on Tuesday the 26.

Gents, I rode to Dallas Friday, setup my parents with two weeks of food, did some chores, and then rode back to Pensacola on Monday.  1700+ miles on 4 days.  Unfortunately wasn't a social trip - next time Red, let's rendezvous assuming the rendezvous places are open!

I can't wait for the world to get healthy and for CSS Barber to happen!  

Cheers,

Steve

@Red_Baron  I do love birds, I used to be a paraglider pilot and spent a sunset outside Sun Valley Idaho soaring wingtip to wingtip with a bald eagle (years ago), soaring on the foothills looking West over the high desert.  Since then, I've lost count of the times Ive been inspected by hummingbirds, as in circling and chirping within 1-2 feet of me for more than a minute or two on some occasions.  El Colibri was the name I gave to the KTM 990 I rode to South America and back (2010-2011).  I miss that bike and fondly remember the journey so I adopted that name for myself here.

Stay safe and healthy all,

Merlin

Since we digress... Cuba didn't want to let me leave with that sticker on my bike, but we gave up trying to peel it off before we sailed back to Cartagena (I also had a Cuban Driver's License and plate for two weeks, they made me surrender those).

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_99c.thumb.jpg.eb2cdc4fed19b57be604d731c93b6d1d.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey guys!  I got the email that Barbers is a "GO!"

I'll be rolling into the track infield in the trailer Saturday or Sunday and leaving Friday or Saturday.

So, if anyone see this rig and this bike, please don't hesitate to pound on the hatch!  I'll have good chow and better libations.

Cheers,

Steve

EFFECTS.jpg

IMG_20191016_073822.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cobie Fair said:

Uh...don't temp me like that, I don't have much tolerance.

I'll have some "diet beer" for you in the fridge just in case!

I'm SO looking forward to this!

I'll be there so make sure you say hello to me and tell me who you are on the forum, it is always great to put faces to the names. I'm female, a coach, and I have long brown hair, you can't miss me - or if you do, just ask Cobie and he'll point me out to you. :)

Hotfoot,

Any and all are welcome!  I'm looking forward to meeting all y"all!

And as far as figuring out who I am?  I'm terribly afraid it will be obvious!

Cheers,

Steve

46 minutes ago, 53Driver said:

I'm doing "Total Immersion" training - Levels 1-4 in four days.

At least, that's the plan!

That's great!!  what bike are you using?   4 days will get you into their way of thinking.

My K1200 has 160+ hp - more than enough to satiate my need for speed and tempt me. 

The school's S1000RRs have all those amazing electronic aids that I'm sure I'll be inadvertently using during CSS. 

I'll probably never race and probably never do a track day, but I've learned to "never say never."